Who does not wish for clean and strong teeth? Maybe you have spent lots of money to get it. However, there is an easy way to make your teeth white and take care of your oral health. This is brushing your teeth with salt. There are plenty of herbal teeth whitening kits available in the market, but they involve chemicals, which can be problematic for your oral health.
The best part of using salt is that you don’t even require a mouth freshener after brushing. Also, this will keep your mouth odor-free for a long time.
Using regular salt to brush your teeth will benefit you to strengthen the teeth as well as gums. You will be able to remove the offensive taste and odor from your mouth. Additionally, it removes bad breath. Any salt can be used to brush teeth. However, using sea salt is more effective than cooking salt or any other salts. Sea salt is loaded with mineral residues and trace elements that put a beneficial impact on your teeth and gums.
Some of the essential elements present in the sea salt are calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, silicon, potassium, sodium, iron, etc. These elements help to break down the plaque build-up as well can kill harmful bacteria that are responsible for the bad breath.
Why Should I Use It?
Brushing teeth with salt temporarily raises the pH balance of the mouth. It also makes an alkaline environment in the mouth where bacteria fight to survive. You will be surprised to know that swishing a little water with salt around your mouth entirely change the mouth smells. That’s why it is an outstanding alternative to traditional mouthwash.
Salt is called the most consumable products all over the world. All people use it in their cooking. You can simply get salt in the nearest supermarket.
Brushing Teeth With Salt Clears You From Using Mouth Wash
- One tsp salt
- Warm water
- One tsp apple cider vinegar (optional)
- First, dip your toothbrush in 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. This is optional. You can also dip your toothbrush in warm water.
- Blend 1/2 teaspoon salt with 4 ounces of warm water. Wait for the salt to be dissolved completely in the water.
- Now, brush your teeth normally. Apply once every week.
- A saltwater wash helps to reduce swollen of the gums and also flush away the bacteria.
- When you have completed brushing, you can be enticed to use mouthwash.
You may get lots of options on your racks, such as anti-bacterial mouthwash for a cleaner mouth, minty mouthwash for fresh breath. However, mouthwash clears out the beneficial effects of toothpaste. The dentists strongly suggest to stay away from using mouthwash after brushing teeth.
You may not follow this if you are used to mouthwash after using toothpaste. In that case, you can try a salt mouthwash. It helps to take the plaque, food particles, and bacteria out of the teeth. Add salt to water and make the mouthwash. If you add lemon juice instead of water, then the salt can benefit with changing the acidic levels in the mouth. It is still a better idea to not use mouthwash. So, try to avoid it if possible.
Important Points to Remember Before Brushing Teeth with Salt
- If you own an open mouth sore, then you need to be careful while swishing salt around it.
- You can not swallow during brushing! Intaking high amounts of salt can cause high blood pressure or disrupt the normal function of the kidney. So, only swish and spit.
- Brushing teeth with salt is great once a week. But, it can not be used much more than. Otherwise, it will put a bad effect on your tooth enamel.
Why Is It Good to Use Sea Salt?
Sea salt contains some essential trace elements such as Calcium, nickel, magnesium, sodium, silicon, iron, and phosphorus. These important minerals help to strengthen your gums as well as remove bad breath and whiten your teeth. Sea salts are rich in high iodine that represent antibacterial abilities plus help to lower the effects of acids in your mouth. Your spit becomes able to makes an anti-bacterial barrier which safeguards your enamel.
Brush for 5 minutes and minimum two times a day with sea salt to get the best result. You can use a watch to count your times. Also, keep an eye on the mirror to observe what you are doing. You have to brush each and every corner of your teeth properly. If you promise yourself that you will follow this routine for at least one month, you will experience an outstanding result at the end of the month.
Brush with Epsom Salt
Use peroxide with Epsom salt to brush your teeth. This will benefit you to combat the periodontal disease.