Have worries about your dry and itchy scalp? Don’t worry. These 17 home remedies for dry scalp treatment will help you wonderfully to heal your scalp.
There is no reason to be worried because there are a lot of natural solutions to treat it. Anyway, there are specific causes for our skin to get dry. For example, extremely dry or cold weather, taking too hot of showers, the different kind of soaps you use may have some agents that can make your scalp dry.
Having this kind of scalp dryness is often itchy and causes you pain and sensitivity. There are thousand and one lotions and creams for treating the dry scalp. But, they are costly. Also, they have side effects. Therefore, home remedies are far better. Just try them out and see how they heal your scalp like magic.
17 wonderful and easy home remedies for dry scalp.
1) Tea tree shampoo
Tea tree oil is a good natural agent often used in beauty culture. It’s free of side effects and ideal for your dry scalp. It has certain anti-fungal reaction and that works best on your dandruff and remove them soon.
- A few drops of tea tree oil
- A kind of shampoo meant for dry scalp
- Mix tea tree oil to the bottle of shampoo and shake well.
- Use the shampoo regularly and wash the dry scalp rubbing mildly.
- In 1-2 weeks you’ll see the positive result. Your scalp will be smooth and free of dandruff.
2) Oil treatment for dry scalp
Just as a plant needs water, your hair and scalp also need a regular oil treatment in order to prevent them from drying. It adds a certain hydration and moisturizing effect to your scalp. Dandruff won’t stand any chance to remain. So, a hot oil massage is a fine way to stay free of dandruff.
- 1 tablespoonful of any of these oils; coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil, neem oil or any other kind of oil suitable to apply to the scalp.
- 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
- Put oil into a small urn and warm it.
- Mix tea tree oil to it.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp and massage at least for 10 minutes.
- Allow the oil to remain on your scalp for 2-3 hours.
- Wash it well using a mild shampoo.
- Do this twice or thrice a week for better results.
3) Apple cider vinegar for dry scalp
ACV fights against bacterial and fungal infections. Also, it helps to keep a balanced pH value of the scalp. It stimulates the oil glands on the scalp and keeps it hydrated and smooth all the time.
- 3 tablespoonfuls of apple cider vinegar
- A cotton ball
- Apply ACV using the cotton ball.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly.
- Allow the vinegar to be on your scalp for 10 minutes.
- Wash the scalp well with cool water.
- Do this twice a week.
- If your scalp is too sensitive, mix vinegar with an equal volume of water.
4) Lemon juice treatment
Lemon is a good ingredient that works on the scalp to remove dandruff as well as fungal infections. Also, it’s an astringent that keeps the pH of the scalp in a balanced level.
- ½ lemon
- Cut the ½ lemon into slices
- Rub them on the scalp.
- Let it be there for 5-10 minutes
- Rinse your hair and scalp well.
- Use a good quality conditioner to treat the hair.
5) Apple juice treatment for dry scalp
Apple juice is rich in mild acids that exfoliate the heaps of dead and flaky skin on the scalp. They work actively and regulate the pH value of the scalp. And they stimulate the oil production too.
- Juice of 2 apples
- Rinse your hair well with fresh apple juice.
- Allow it to dry for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Do this twice a week for better results.
6) Onion juice treatment for dry scalp
This is fine to get rid of the dryness on the scalp. Onion contains a lot of Sulphur and it has the power to hydrate the scalp. It removes all the flaky skin particles and keeps your scalp clean and smooth.
- ¼ cup of onion juice
- 1 tablespoonful of honey
- Cotton ball
- Mix honey and onion juice together.
- Apply this mixture to the scalp with the help of a cotton ball’
- Allow it to dry for half an hour.
- Rinse your hair well with the regular shampoo you use.
7) Aloe juice for dry scalp
Aloe Vera is a fine natural herb for treating dryness and inflammation. It fights against microbes and fungus. Aloe soothes itching scalp and gives you a great relief. It’s rich in sugars, amino acids, fatty acids, and vitamins. Applying aloe gel makes your hair shiny and healthy.
- 1 aloe leaf
- Separate the aloe gel from the leaf.
- Mix it with water and make a paste.
- Apply it on the scalp and massage well.
- Leave it to be on the scalp for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the scalp and hair well.
8) Yogurt and egg treatment
Yogurt is a good exfoliator. The acidic substances in it have the power to unclog the pores and stimulate the oil glands. The protein and fat content in eggs nourish the hair and scalp. This treatment promotes the healthy growth of hair in a short time.
- 3 tablespoonfuls of unsweetened yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoonful of honey
- Make a paste by beating the egg with yogurt.
- Add honey and mix it very well until it becomes a smooth creamy paste.
- Apply it to the hair and scalp.
- Allow it to dry for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the scalp and hair well using a shampoo.
9) Mayonnaise treatment for dry scalp
Mayonnaise is rich in fats and oils and it works well as a conditioner to keep your hair healthy and shiny. The oily substances act on the scalp to make it completely free of dandruff.
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- A shower cap
- Apply mayonnaise on the hair and scalp well.
- Use the shower cap to cover the hair.
- Keep it that way for 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair and scalp well using shampoo.
10) Baking soda treatment for dry scalp
Baking powder is a good source to regulate the pH value of the scalp. And it also fights the germs and toxins that harm the hair and scalp. If you use this regularly, it will make you free of dandruff.
- 3-4 tablespoons of baking powder
- Mix baking soda and rose water well until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the scalp and give a good massage at least for 3 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
11) Egg and olive oil treatment
The magic of vitamin A and lecithin sterols in eggs keep your scalp free of dandruff and other harmful infections. Egg yolk and olive oil is a good combination to stimulate the growth of hair. It nourishes your hair and protects the scalp.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoonful of lemon juice
- First, beat the egg yolk well.
- Add other things to it and mix until it becomes smooth.
- Wash off the hair and scalp using lukewarm water.
- Later on, rinse the hair once again using cool water.
12) Vitamin E treatment for dry scalp
Hydration and protection of vitamin E are 2 essential things for a good growth of hair. Vitamin E is a fine agent that regulates the blood circulation on the scalp. It unclogs the pores and stimulates the oil production on the scalp. It works actively and makes your hair healthy and beautiful.
- 7-10 vitamin E capsules
- Squeeze all the oil from vitamin E capsules into a bowl.
- Carefully apply it on the scalp.
- Massage the scalp well.
- Allow the oil to remain on the scalp for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off the hair in the normal way.
13) Listerine treatment for dry scalp
Listerine is good at fighting against toxins, fungus, and microbes that harm your hair and scalp. It can exfoliate the dry skin off your scalp and makes it healthy and smooth.
- ½ cup of Listerine
- ½ cup of water
- Wash hair and scalp and wipe with a towel.
- Mix Listerine with water and apply it to the itching, dry scalp.
- Keep it for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Do this once a week.
14) Milk cream treatment for dry skin
The acidic substances in milk cream have a wonderful power to exfoliate the dry scalp and keep it clean and healthy. Also, it regulates the pH level in the scalp and moisturizes it as well. So, it’s a fine remedy to keep the scalp in good condition.
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- 2 teaspoon of milk cream
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together and make a paste.
- Rub it on the scalp.
- Keep it for 5-10 minutes and wash.
- Do this daily for 2 weeks and see the results. Your scalp will be free of dry skin.
15) Witch hazel treatment for dry scalp
Witch hazel is ideal to treat itchy and inflammatory skin. It’s a powerful astringent that exfoliates dandruff. So, it’s often used to produce soaps and body lotions.
- 1 tablespoon of liquid witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- Mix these 2 ingredients together.
- Apply it well on the scalp.
- Give it a thorough massage.
- Let it be on the scalp for 5 minutes.
- Rinse well in the normal way.
16) Smashed banana treatment for dry scalp
The smashed banana provides your scalp a good nourishment and keeps it hydrated all the time. It’s a great fighter against microbes and fungus as well. Also, it exfoliates the scalp and keeps it away from dandruff.
- 1 banana
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Blend the banana with coconut oil.
- Apply this paste on the hair and scalp.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well in the usual way.
17) Avocado to treat dry scalp
- ½ avocado
- 3-4 drops of tea tree oil
- Blend avocado with tea tree oil.
- Apply the paste on the scalp and hair well.
- Keep it for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well with cold water.
- Do this once a week to get the scalp free of dry skin.
Well, there are hundreds of home remedies that work well to exfoliate dry or itchy skin. Try these on a regular basis to reap the best results.