No matter what you do, you cannot beat detox waters and juices for weight loss. They are the most precious gift for people who are willing to lose weight.
We all are aware that in order to lose weight we need to have plenty of water. But, the problem is that water doesn’t taste good, so we end up having sweets before gulping down a glass of water just to get rid of the bland taste of water.
Detox water actually solves this basic problem by adding some flavor to the water. Now you won’t have to bow down to the sweet tooth of yours because the flavor-filled water will be enough to satiate your taste buds.
Detox water and juices- the latest diet craze
The detox water and juices are more than just a fad. It is like a magic potion. You would love to have it again and again, thus meeting your water intake and quite comfortable surpassing it. Moreover, as the name suggests, it drains out all the toxins from the body and rejuvenates you completely.
There are several kinds of detox water and juices that you can make for yourself, common being the cucumber, lemon and mint one.
In this combination, the lemon serves the purpose of boosting your immunity system, cucumber works as anti-inflammatory and mint aids in digestion.
A wide range of options is available for your detox water, depending on your preferences you can select one of them and incorporate it into your diet. There is no fixed time to enjoy your detox water.
You can have it all throughout the day. But, if it is a part of your weight loss program, then you should have it prior to your meal. That will help you feel full and will stop you from over-eating.
In case, you are having detox water to detoxify your body, then you can have it any time of the day.
How long can the fruits be stored in the water?
The fruits that are infused in the water to make the detox water should not be kept in the water more than 12 hours. But, if you are making the detox water with herbs, fruits, and spices, then the fruits and herbs should be taken out of the water mixture after 4 hours.
The infused water can be stored in the fridge for a maximum of 3 days.
Different types of detox water and juices
Here we will be discussing several detox waters and juices for weight loss. To start with, let’s go for the apple cinnamon detox water.
Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
Apple is rich in antioxidants and Phyto-nutrients that help in reducing hypertension, development of cancer, diabetes or heart diseases. Cinnamon, on the other hand, also has several health benefits.
- Apple – 1 fuji
- Cinnamon – 1 stick
- Cut the apple into thin slices and get rid of the seeds
- Add the cinnamon stick to it. It is advisable not to use the cinnamon powder, else the water starts clogging
- Add both the ingredients into one pitcher full of water and have it all throughout the day
Metabolism boosting detox water
In this metabolism boosting detox water, we will be using the mango and ginger. Mango aids in digestion increases libido and boosts memory.
- Ginger root – 1 inch
- Mango – 1 cup
- Peel the ginger root and slice it thinly
- Now take fresh or frozen mango and pour it in the pitcher full of water along with the ginger
Weight loss detox water
When you are trying to lose weight, then the first thing that you should add to your diet and detox water is the cucumber. Cucumber contains diuretic properties that guarantee the flushing out of the moisture from your body as soon as possible.
- Purified water – ½ gallon
- Lemon – ½
- Grapefruit – ½
- Cucumber – 1 cup
- Slice half of lemon and half of grapefruit
- Now mix sliced cucumber, grapefruit, and lemon in water
Skinny detox water
In this preparation, you will find the grapefruit that will provide the required sweetness and the lemon will add the zing to your detox water. Cucumbers will work on the physiological purification whereas the mint will soothe your belly and lungs.
- Cucumber – 1 cup
- Grapefruit – ½
- Mint – few strigs
- Lemon – ½
- Slice up the cucumber, lemon, and grapefruit
- Now add everything in a jar of water along with the mint and keep it in the fridge for a few minutes and your sweet and tangy detox water is ready to drink
Blackberry and Orange detox water
The super-foods blackberry and orange are filled with fiber and Vitamin C, so adding them to your daily diet in any form will boost your immune system and will help in preventing the growth of ulcers or the free radicals.
- Blackberries – handful
- Orange- 1
- Take a handful of blackberries and squash it in the jar
- Slice the oranges and twist it as well to enhance the taste of your detox water
Pineapple Sugarcane detox water
If you are looking for a good source of hydration, then prepare detox water by mixing pineapple and sugarcane. It works like magic in expelling the toxins out from your body.
- Pineapple – 5 chunks
- Sugarcane – 2 sticks
- Water – 2 ltr (spring water preferred)
You can have it immediately, but if you can wait for a few hours, then it will taste even better.
Citrus flavored detox water
Plain and simple water is boring, so we end up consuming less than the required amount of water, but now with this new refreshing tartness in your water, you will feel like having a glassful of water every hour.
- Orange- 1 slice
- Lime – 1
- Lemon – 1
- Take a wooden spoon in a jar and then pour the orange slices, lemon and lime round slices in it
- Add water and stir it well with the help of the wooden spoon
- Now put a lid and store it in the fridge for chilling
Pineapple Mint detox water
The herb and fruit combo gives that extra bit of kick to your detox water. This combination gets the sweetness and tanginess from the pineapple and freshness from mint leaves. You can add the whole sprig of mint if you are too lazy to remove the leaves from the spring. But, if you want the mint to float around, then it is advisable that you add just the mint leaves and not the spring.
- Pineapple – 4-5 chunks
- Mint – one sprig
- Add the pineapple to the jar along with the sprig of mint or just the leaves
- Now take a muddler and press the pineapple chunks and mint to release the juice
- Add ice before adding the water
- Stir it, cover it, and store it in the fridge before enjoying your tasty delightful detox water
Fruit flavored detox water
This detox water is filled with a collection of fruits that are rich in minerals and helps you in providing enough energy for your daily work. Apples, oranges, pears, and lemons are the main ingredients of this detox water. Apart from these main fruits, you can add a bunch of raspberries along with some mint leaves.
- Lemon – 1
- Apple – 1
- Orange – 1
- Pear – 1
- Raspberries – a bunch
- Mint – a sprig
- Strawberries – quite a few
- Add an equal amount of fruits by slicing them into pieces
- Now add mint leaves
- Put the muddler to work again before covering it up and keeping it in the fridge to chill
Watermelon and Mint detox water
As the name suggests, this detox water is prepared with watermelon and mint and is one of the easiest and most relaxing detox water you can ever have. Watermelons serve the purpose of cleaning the bladder whereas the mint heals the upset tummy. Even the kids will enjoy this refreshing drink.
- Watermelon – 4-5 chunks
- Mint – 1 sprig
- Add the watermelon and mint leaves in a jar
- Fill it up with water and ice
- Twist and press the watermelon to squeeze out the juice a bit
Aloe Vera and lime detox water
Aloe Vera is a known name and we all have been using it for skin related problems, but aloe juice, when mixed with lime, gives you just what you have been looking for.
Aloe Vera works wonder on your sunburn, but if you take the Aloe Vera water, then it will help you in fighting fatigue, increasing circulation, digestion and energy,
- Aloe Vera gel – 2 tbsp
- Lime – 1
- Take the Aloe Vera gel and put it in the jar
- Slice the lime
- Now fill the jar with water and place it in the fridge to chill
We have provided you with several choices of detox waters and juices for weight loss. You can just go ahead and try any of them to bring in a healthy change in your hectic life.
Simple detox water can solve many a health problem, so why keep it at bay. When you are trying to lose weight water intake needs to be high, but plain and simple drinking water is not fun, so add a twist to your regular water to enhance the taste.